Professional cover crop application with APV!
Cover crops provide immense value to soil health and fertility. They are a simple tool for exploiting the soil‘s full potential while at the same time potentially reduce inputs such as herbicides and fertilizers.
The following are a few examples of preferred cover crops:
- Alfalfa and other clover varieties
- Cereal rye
- Oilseed radish
- Rape seed (Canola)
These and other varieties can also be used in mixtures.
With all cover crops, the desired effect is only obtained when the seed is evenly distributed over the full soil surface. Precision broadcast seeding is the most effective method in most cases.
Additional advantages of cover crop seeding include:
- Reduction in soil erosion
- Weed and pest suppression
- Improving the viable structure of the soil
- Increased biological activity
- Enrichment of the soil with an easily biodegradable organic substance
- Improved utilization of farm fertilizers
- Option to use for forage
- Regeneration of the soil
- Legumes serve as nitrogen accumulators
Combining our APV PS Series Pneumatic Seeders with virtually any tillage implement of choice saves time and fuel by reducing your time in the field.
Find the products that best fit your cover crop seeding in the following links: